Phosphate Misr Co.
- General assembly member
- Membership category: Ordinary Members
- Chairman: Eng Mohamed Abdul El-Azem
- Website: phosphatemisr.com
- Email: admin
- Country: Egypt
Chairman & Managing Director
Eng Mohamed Abdul El-Azem
• Established in 2009. Phosphate Misr is one of two major companies that produces
Phosphate rocks in Egypt with production capacity of around 5 million tons a year from one of the biggest
reserves in the world “Abu Tartour”.
• On the other hand the company is on its way to sign a new contract for the exploration and exploitation of new
sites in the south of Egypt where it is expected to increase its production capacity of phosphate rocks in the near
future Ore Reserves
• The Tremendous Phosphate Ores of the Plateau are currently being exploited by Phosphate Misr.
• The Phosphate seam spread all over the plateau covering an area of about 1200 km, only one tenth of that area had been
geologically explored by means of 375 surface drill holes, indicating the presence of about 715 million ton of Phosphate
reserves having an average seam thickness of about 3.5 meters.
• A small area of about 24 km out of the already explored area of the plateau had been selected to start developing
the mine at the present stage.