The Secretary General chairs the Secretariat Office and assisted by a full time staff in accordance with the organizational structure approved by the Board. The Secretary General is the official representative of AFA, as mentioned in the purposes stated in the articles of incorporation. Secretary General shall further enjoy all authority to practice his job tasks.Secretariat
headquarters is located in Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt.
Human being first and food security foremost AFA coordinates in a highly dynamic way with member companies
to achieve an internationally distinguished status.
Encourage members to ideally utilize available natural resources,
optimally achieve added value, effectively contribute in economic,
social and agricultural development, and efficiently promote safe
and secure production, storage and transportation of agricultural
nutrients, to enhance food security and combat hunger.
AFA targets, in cooperation with member companies, the development of fertilizer industry, materials and usage:
- Pay due attention to human being interests: Safety, Health and Environment (SHE).
- Use ideally production inputs and raw materials; rationalize energy
and water utilization consumption.
- Promote and build leadership, administrative, technical, economic and social human being
oriented capacities in all fertilizer industry specializations
- Ensure permanent human food security by combating hunger through the provision of fertilizers
and micro-nutrients to enhance soil condition and support agricultural productivity and diversity
- Encourage and support scientific researches targeting the service of all fertilizer related fields.
- Increase production capacity through technical qualification, development and expansion of existing fertilizer factories and encouraging the establishment of new projects and factories.
- Make best usage of modern information means and communication systems; boost fertilizer industry condition and reputation before effective information means, international strategic policy makers and other relative associations through efficient methods of communication and ongoing procedures and solutions
provided by AFA to tackle international social issues related to fertilizer production and food security.
- Develop, promote and enhance Arab fertilizer industry status
- Entrench coordination, cooperation and exchange of expertise approach in all fields between AFA member companies.
- Bridge the gap between Arab companies and related international organizations from one side and AFA member companies from the other side.
- Develop member companies by increasing related economic resources and requirements in addition to identifying challenges and obstacles.
- Expand the geographical AFA scope of work to reach fertilizer consumers outside the Arab region.
- Enhance secretariat performance by reviewing work systems, regulations and administrative structure.